Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pet Stores

So we had a little family night tonight and ended up at one of the big chain pet stores as we usually do on our family outings.  This time was different though.  

Typically I can resist the urge to buy every pet at the pet stores because those pets are sad, pathetic and usually limited to fish, ferrets and rats.  Not today.  No sir.  Today there was this bird, this Green Cheeked Conure, (Conure is apparently fancy talk for Parakeet) and she was absolutely charming.

Homie roused me from my interest in the ferrets by yelling - "Look, she waves at me!"  I look over to see him fully captivated by this glorious looking bird.  Sure as shit, this bird would wave back at him every time he waved at it.

We probably stared at this bird for a good 20 minutes before regretfully leaving without it (kid was in tears). When we get home, both homie and I are independently searching the internet for info on this bird.  

The photos I have come across are enough to seal this deal for me.  I need this bird after seeing these photos:
"Hey guy!"
"A little to the left, please."

"Not THIS body.."
 I just really liked this photo.

Bird 1: "Look, I told him it was only noon.."
Bird 2:  *Hiccup*

If you have ever read this blog before or actually know me, you know that I am kind of strange (I suppose) and to see a bird that likes to chill on its back was right up my alley.

So today I learned a few things about myself.  1)  I really want a Green Cheeked Conure 
                                                                       2) I am really bad at coming up with captions.


No comments:

Post a Comment